Expanding on its popular portable storage offerings, WD today introduced its new Mac-formatted My Passport Studio Portable Drives. The newest members of the My Passport family are designed for Mac users on-the-go and are equipped with both FireWire 400 and USB 2.0 interfaces, a clever capacity gauge, and include a soft drawstring carrying bag for protection from scratches and dirt. Available now at select retailers the My Passport Studio portable drives are offered in capacities of 320 GB and 250 GB.
Weighing in at less than 5 ounces, the My Passport Studio portable drives make it easy to securely carry office files, thousands of songs, videos or photos and back up a Macintosh laptop using Apple Time Machine backup software utility. With an elegant silver metallic finish that perfectly complements other Mac products, these portable drives feature a shock-resistant enclosure to provide protection from the bumps and jars of everyday life on-the-go. Ultra portable, these drives are USB-bus powered which eliminates the need for an external power adapter.
- Formatted HFS+, Journal for Mac compatibility
- FireWire 400 and USB 2.0 interfaces
- Capacity gauge that enables users to know at-a-glance how much space is available
- Works with Apple Time Machine backup feature included in Apple’s Leopard operating system
- Elegant silver metallic finish that perfectly complements other Mac products
The Western Digital My Passport Studio has an RRP of $279 for the 320GB version, and $229 for the 250GB. Each has a 5 year limited warranty.
Source: Western Digital