LG Electronics has unveiled its new LG Viewty (KU990) mobile phone with advanced digital camera features and the ability to impressively record video at up to 120 frames per second.
As a leader in design innovation for mobile handsets, LG is once again driving new mobile phone trends by shifting its focus to high-tech functionality. The company’s new high technology phone, the LG Viewty, a professional-level camera phone, is the first example of this new direction. Equipped with professional-level digital camera features, the phone allows mobile phone users to enjoy their viewing experience to the fullest.
Using LG Viewty’s exclusive manual focus function and built-in image stabiliser, users can take more control over producing clearer pictures. Users can personalise their unique pictures by “handwriting” on them digitally using the full LCD touchscreen and attached stylus; they can also use the stylus and screen for working with the LG Viewty’s user-friendly, built-in digital editing software. In addition, pictures and video can be easily uploaded to the internet.
Borrowing from the high-end digital camera industry, ISO 800 and SmartLight technology help consumers create bright pictures, even indoors and at night. The phone also records video at up to 120 fps, the highest frame speed ever for a handset camera. This allows users to seamlessly watch DVD-like content, even in slow motion.
The sleek black surface incorporates a full 3-inch LCD touchscreen on the front, with a 5.0-megapixel camera and quick search-enabled jog wheel on the back. And the intuitive user interface features a sophisticated vibrating touch signal, providing greater tactile interaction between the user and the handset.
Price, availability and carriers
LG Viewty will be available in late November RRP $899 from 3 Mobile, with Optus and Vodafone to launch Viewty soon after.
- Manual focus & auto focus, Face Tracking
- Image stabiliser with direct key/ISO 800/SmartLight
- Full touchscreen on 3.0? Wide Flat LCD /Mobile XD Engine/landscape view
- Handwriting recognition/handwriting editing
- High speed video capture at 120 frames per second
- Jog wheel for resizing pages in web browser/zooming in and out when taking photos/raising and lower volume during calls
- Direct uploading to YouTube.com/Google Package
- Schneider-KREUZNACH certified lens; 5.0 megapixel AF/MF camera with Xenon flash
- DivX mobile profile for video playback, TV out, document viewer
- Radio bands: HSDPA (3.6Mbps), WCDMA, Tri-band (GSM/EDGE)
- Display: 240 x 400 (WQVGA), 3.0?, 262K TFT-LCD
- Dimensions: 103.5 x 54.4 x 14.8 mm
Source: LG Electronics