Simon Baker stars as Patrick Jane, an independent consultant with the fictional California Bureau of Investigation (CBI). He has a remarkable track record for solving serious crimes by using his amazing skills of observation. He also makes frequent use of his mentalist abilities and his semi-celebrity past as a psychic medium using paranormal abilities he now admits he feigned. He abandoned his pretense out of remorse when his attention-seeking behavior attracted the attention of a serial killer who killed his family.
How to enter
Simply go to The Mentalist: Season 1 DVD competition page, login using your GadgetGuy registered email address and password, and answer the 25 words or less question, “Tell us in 25 words or less who would win in a ‘mentalist’ battle of observation – the Patrick Jane character from The Mentalist, or Sherlock Holmes, and why.”
The competition begins today, and closes at 5 pm Sydney time on 11 September, 2009.
Terms and Conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. To enter the The Mentalist: Season 1 DVD competition visit www.gadgetguy.com.au, click on the The Mentalist: Season 1 DVD competition link, and answer the 25 words or less question. Eligible participants are required to provide their gadgetguy.com.au/Press Play membership email and password to complete their entry.
- You can enter this competition as many times as you like, even on the one email address.
- Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia, but to be eligible to win the prize the email address you submit with your entry must be actively subscribed to the weekly Press Play newsletter at the time of the prize judging.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining winners.
- Judging for the competition will take place on 15 September, 2009 at Gadget Group, 120 Cathedral St, Woolloomooloo NSW 2011.
- The promoter will not be held responsible for any late, lost or misdirected mail.
- No employees, relatives or associates of Warner Home Video or Gadget Group Pty Ltd can enter the competition.
- The winners shall be notified by email.
- Prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier and is correct at the time of printing. All prize values are in Australian dollars.
- The promoter shall not be responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- The competition commences 11 August, 2009 and concludes at 5 pm (Sydney time) on 11 September, 2009. All entries become the property of the promoter.
- Prize winners once notified by email of their win have 1 month from the despatch of our email to supply us their contact details. If no reply is received then the prize will be re-judged one month after the original advice was sent.
- There are 15 copies of The Mentalist – Season 1 DVDs to win, one each for 15 winners. Each is valued at $59.95, making a total prize value of $899.25
- .The promoter of this competition is Gadget Group Pty Ltd, ABN 52050106502.