Out on September 30, is the Limited Edition, 2 discs in a metal slipcase version of Gladiator, on Blu-ray. And for 11 lucky winners, GadgetGuy and Universal Pictures are giving away a copy of this version of the film.
On the first disc is both the theatrical release and extended version of the film, plus audio commentary, deleted scenes, and a U-Control feature called The Scrolls of Knowledge: Are You Not Entertained w/Behind the Scenes Historical – Vision From Elysium, which marks topics of interest in the supplements on disc 2.
And on disc 2 are mini documentaries like:
- The Tools of War: Weapons
- Attire of the Realm: Costume Design
- The Heat of Battle: Production Journals
- Shadows and Dust: Resurrecting Proximo
- The Glory of Rome: Visual Effects
Other features on disc 2 include production-related material, abandoned Sequences and deleted scenes… all up there are more than 10 hours of bonus content, including 4 hours exclusive to Blu-ray.
How to enter
To enter the competition, visit the Win a Limited Edition copy of Gladiator, on Blu-ray competition page.
Terms and conditions
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. To enter the Gladiator on Blu-ray competition visit www.gadgetguy.com.au, click on the Gladiator on Blu-ray competition link, and answer the 25 words or less question. Eligible participants are required to provide their gadgetguy.com.au/Press Play membership email and password to complete their entry.
- You can enter this competition as many times as you like, even on the one email address.
- Entry is open to all permanent residents of Australia, but to be eligible to win the prize the email address you submit with your entry must be actively subscribed to the weekly Press Play newsletter at the time of the prize judging.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash.
- This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining winners.
- Judging for the competition will take place on 5 October, 2009 at Gadget Group, 120 Cathedral St, Woolloomooloo NSW 2011.
- The promoter will not be held responsible for any late, lost or misdirected mail.
- No employees, relatives or associates of Universal Pictures or Gadget Group Pty Ltd can enter the competition.
- The winners shall be notified by email.
- Prize value is the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier and is correct at the time of printing. All prize values are in Australian dollars.
- The promoter shall not be responsible for any loss or damage whatsoever that is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law.
- The competition commences 14 September, 2009 and concludes at 5 pm (Sydney time) on 30 September, 2009. All entries become the property of the promoter.
- Prize winners once notified by email of their win have 1 month from the despatch of our email to supply us their contact details. If no reply is received then the prize will be re-judged one month after the original advice was sent.
- There are 11 copies of the Limited Edition of Gladiator on Blu-ray to win, one each for 11 prizewinners. Each is valued at $49.95, making a total prize value of $549.95.
- The promoter of this competition is Gadget Group Pty Ltd, ABN 52050106502.