Blue Microphones has announced its Yeti USB microphone – a studio quality condenser mic for consumer use.
Blue Microphones was founded in 1995 by an American session musician, Skipper Wise, and a Latvian recording engineer, Martins Saulespurens. The company’s name is an acronym for Baltic Latvian Universal Electronics. The company is headquartered in Westlake Village, California, United States.
Blue says Yeti is a professional multi-pattern USB Mic for recording and streaming. Its four different pattern settings offer incredible flexibility, so you can record vocals, music, podcasts, audio for video, interviews, or even lectures in ways that would normally require multiple microphones.
Yeti features studio controls for headphone volume (it has a 3.5mm audio jack), pattern selection, instant mute and microphone gain. If you’re experiencing distortion or feedback while recording an especially loud source simply adjust the microphone’s sensitivity with the gain control. Or if you want to take a break in the middle of a podcast, use the instant mute button.
It is compatible with Windows 10 and macOS.
Microphone and Performance
- Power Required/Consumption: 5V 150mA
- Sample Rate: 48 kHz
- Bit Rate: 16-bit
- Capsules: 3 Blue-proprietary 14mm condenser capsules
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Bidirectional, Omnidirectional, Stereo
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Max SPL: 120dB (THD: 0.5% 1kHz)
- Dimensions (extended in stand):72″ (12cm) x 4.92″(12.5cm) x 11.61″(29.5cm)
- Weight (microphone):2 lbs (.55 kg)
- Weight (stand):2 lbs (1 kg)
- Colours: Black, Midnight Blue, Platinum, Silver, Space Grey, Vintage White, and White
- PrIce: A$229 from major retailers or shop online for a bargain
- Impedance: 16 ohms
- Power Output (RMS): 130 mW
- Frequency Response: 15 Hz – 22 kHz
- Signal to Noise: 100dB
The full manual is here.