What it is
A 4.5 kg dryer with autosensing technology
The Fisher & Paykel ED56 Autosensing clothes dryer automatically detects when the clothes are dry and switches the machine off.
790 x 565 x 560 mm (H x W X D)
What we liked
- It can be wall mounted: saving on space in the laundry
- Variety of dryness settings
- Delay start for convenience
- End of cycle alarm
- Reverse tumbling to reduce creases in clothes
- Simplicity of operating controls
- Reasonable price
And what we didn’t
- Energy rating is only two stars
Fisher & Paykel estimates in its product manual that to dry a 2.5 kg load containing four t’shirts, one sweatshirt, five pairs of undies, five pairs of socks, one pair of trousers, two pairs of shorts and three handkerchiefs at 1,000 rpm on Level 4 (medium dry, extra dry lights visible) for 60 minutes, it should cost an estimated 15c (depending on local electricity tariffs).
Two stars (222 kWh/annum based on 52 uses)
Thinking of buying a washing machine? Read our washing machine buyers guide here.