The Nikon Coolpix S570 digital camera features a 5x zoom NIKKOR lens with 28mm wide-angle coverage and the performance benefits of Nikon’s innovative EXPEED digital image-processing concept. With 12.0 effective megapixels of sharp resolution and a flat body that fits right in your pocket, the Coolpix S570 offers carefree and flexible shooting.
The Coolpix S570 is equipped with Nikon’s Smart Portrait System, a series of advanced functions that help produce consistently great portraits. The new Skin Softening function automatically detects and analyses the subject’s skin and then adjusts smoothness for enhanced results. Face-priority AF automatically detects as many as 12 faces in the shot and helps produce satisfying portraits by adjusting focus and exposure. Smile Timer automatically releases the shutter when the priority subject smiles while the Blink Proof function automatically shoots two sequential frames and saves the one in which the subject’s eyes are wide open. In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically corrects any perceived red-eye effect before saving the image to memory.
The Coolpix S570’s high sensitivity of up to ISO 3200 at any image size up to its maximum of 4000 x 3000 pixels enables flexibility when shooting in low light or when capturing fast-moving subjects. This creates new opportunities to take sharper, more natural-looking photos the moment they occur.
- 16 handy scene modes for optimised shooting in various settings
- Active Zoom
- Auto Sort and Favorite Pictures functions
- Four movie modes with sound
- Time zone function for easy setting of multiple locations
- Approx. 47 MB of internal memory
- Hi-Speed USB connectivity
- Effective pixels: 12.0 million
- Image sensor: 1/2.3-in. CCD; total pixels: approx. 12.39 million
- Lens: 5x zoom NIKKOR; 5.0-25.0mm (equivalent with 35mm  format picture angle: 28-140mm); f/2.7-6.6; Digital zoom: up to 4x (35mm  format picture angle: 560mm)
- Focus range (from lens): 45cm (1 ft. 6 in.) to infinity (∞), Macro mode: 3cm (1.2 in.) to infinity (∞)
- Monitor: 2.7-inch, approx. 230k-dot, TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating
- Storage media: Internal memory (approx. 47 MB), SD/SDHC memory cards (ot compatible with Multi Media Cards)
- Image size (pixels): 4000 x 3000 (High: 4000 /Normal: 4000), 3264 x 2448 (Normal: 3264), 2592 x 1944 (Normal: 2592), 2048 x 1536 (Normal: 2048), 1024 x 768 (PC: 1024), 640 x 480 (TV: 640), 3968 x 2232 (16:9: 3968)
- Vibration Reduction (VR): Electronic VR
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, Auto (auto gain ISO 80-1600), Fixed range auto (ISO 80-400, 80-800)
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB
- Power sources: Rechargeable Li-ion battery EN-EL10 (supplied), AC adapter EH-62D (optional)
- Battery life: Approx. 220 shots with EN-EL10 battery
- Dimensions: Approx. 92 x 56.5 x 21.5 mm (W x H x D) excluding projections
- Weight: Approx. 120 g (4.2 oz.) without battery and SD/SDHC memory card
- Supplied accessories: Rechargeable Li-ion battery EN-EL10, battery charger MH-63, USB cable UC-E6, audio/video cable EG-CP14, strap AN-CP19, software suite CD-ROM
- Optional accessories: AC Adapter EH-62D
- System Requirements: Macintosh: Mac OS X version 10.3.9, 10.4.11, 10.5.6, 10.5.7; Windows: Pre-installed versions of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (32-bit Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Enterprise/Ultimate editions), Windows XP Service Pack 3 (Home Edition/Professional). Note CD-ROM drive required for installation. Only built-in USB ports are supported.
Price and availability
The Nikon Coolpix S570 will be available in mid-September, in silver, black, red and pink. The RRP for the camera is $349.