Norton LifeLock 360 is its new premium, all device, all user’s security and privacy app. It incorporates previously optional features into Norton Security Premium and bundles it into one package.
Norton LifeLock 360, however, does not include the US LifeLock Identity Theft Protection as the service is not in Australia (and we suspect LifeLock will not come here soon). Rather the name reflects the merger of Norton and LifeLock brands in the Symantec corporation.
So, what do you get?
- Integrated Secure VPN: Bank-grade encryption to help protect the information sent to and from your devices.
- PC SafeCam: Alerts you to attempts to access your webcam and blocks those who are not authorised to access it.
- Device Security: Protection for multiple devices, including PCs, Macs, smartphones, or tablets against ransomware, viruses, spyware, malware, and other online threats.
- Online Threat Protection: Advanced security helps protect your private and financial information when online.
- Smart Firewall: Helps protect your device and data from malicious attacks and intrusive eyes by monitoring and blocking suspicious network traffic.
- Password Manager: Stores usernames and passwords, generates strong passwords for new
- logins and password updates, and synchronises across multiple browsers, computers, and devices.
- Virus Protection Promise: Norton LifeLock experts are available to help keep devices virus-free, or money will be refunded.
There are three levels – standard (1 user), deluxe and premium (up to five users and you can buy licences for more devices).
As yet Norton LifeLock 360 is not listed on Norton Australia’s website.
Why Norton LifeLock 360?
The internet is not a safe place. An unprotected computer can get malware or ransomware simply by visiting a poisoned website. Then there are the hackers who want to access your IoT devices. Then scammers that use social engineering to spear-phish and scam you.
Norton LifeLock 360 proves a comprehensive suite including formerly optional VPN and password managers. (the later can imports passwords from most browsers and password managers).
People trust Norton, and that is a great place to be. It protects more consumers than other brands and has a world-wide monitoring service that sees millions of attacks each day. It then offers real-time protection against new attacks. In short, it is a leading cybersecurity provider and even offers a Virus Protection Promise.
One small caveat. If you go down the Norton LifeLock 360 all-in-one path, you are really committed to using it for VPN and Passwords. Torrent users need to be aware that it does not protect this use.