Intel has announced the high-performance H-series Intel 10th Gen Core Mobile Processors for gamers and creatives.
Fredrik Hamberger, general manager of the premium and gaming laptop segments at Intel said
“The introduction of the 10th Gen Intel Core H-series mobile platform extends Intel’s gaming leadership. It delivers desktop-calibre performance in a mobile form factor. It offers a breadth of choice with more than 100 laptop designs launching this year, including more than 30 thin-and-light systems. The new platform is optimised for enthusiasts and creators by delivering the fastest frequency in the industry with 5GHz.”
Now as we have said we are not gamers so we look at these from the perspective of what you can do in videography, editing and power use. The H-series looks seriously fast and is for thin and light systems (under 20mm thin), and there are more than 100 brands/models to be released this year to cover consumer, commercial and workstation segments.
Top of the range is the Intel Core i9-10980HK, 5.3Ghz turbo, 8-core/16-thread, unlocked.
All of Intel 10th Gen Core Mobile Processors support
- Wi-Fi 6 AX201
- Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0
- Adaptix Dynamic Tuning Technology and Extreme Tuning Utility for intelligent performance tuning
- Speed Optimiser delivers a simple one-click method to overclock
- Thunderbolt 3 – 40Gbps
- Iris Plus Graphics 4K HDR video editing and playback support
- HDMI 2.0b [email protected] and DP1.4 ([email protected], [email protected])
- Optane memory for accelerated game launch and load
- Website here
GadgetGuy’s take – power, more power and we love it
Apart from the chip wars that drive healthy competition, 2020 looks like the year of the 10nm super chip. Intel’s 10th Gen H, U and Y mobile chips have finally managed too offer desktop performance in a laptop. We cant wait to see AMD’s response.