The new Jabra Elite 85t now has its Advanced Active Noise Cancellation and existing Jabra Elite 75t and Active 75t users get a free ANC firmware update making these the buds bargain of 2020.
The Jabra Elite 75t has been my personal favourite of 2020. Why? Well, 7.5 hours of battery life, IP55 dual NC mics and the Jabra Sound+ app made it the one to buy.
Now its reduced from $299 to $249 and has Qualcomm ANC enabled they are unbeatable. PS the Active 75t is similar but it has IP57 and costs $279 (from $329) – shop around for a bargain. You can read our review here (4.6/5)
Qualcomm Adaptive Active Noise cancellation is now available to manufacturers that use a Qualcomm True Wireless reference design. Jabra is one of the very few that has taken the trouble to issue the over-the-air update. ANC use does impact battery life, and we understand it will be about 5 hours.
Jabra Elite 85t features
- Jabra miniaturisation of design and fit – not as deep in the ear
- Silicone EarGels
- Dedicated ANC Chip – Fully adjustable digital between full ANC, full transparency with HearThrough mode, and anywhere in between – 11 levels!
- 6 microphones (4 for ANC) and wind protection for call clarity
- 12mm speakers
- Google, Siri and Alexa – forget ‘pods’
- Semi-open design limiting isolating “earplug effect”
- Up to 5.5 hours battery with up to 25 hours in the compact charging case (ANC on)
- USB-C and Qi-certified, for wireless charging
- Jabra Sound+ App
- Price: $349Availability: Titanium/Black from November 2020, and Gold/Beige, Copper/Black, Black and Grey from January 2021.
- Website here
René Svendsen-Tune, CEO at Jabra, said:
“Users are looking for great things in small packages, so we are thrilled to be offering our users best-in-class ANC in a very compact and sleek design. We are also excited to take our current users on the ANC journey with us with a free upgrade to their existing Elite 75t products – leading the charge as the first global brand to execute this over-the-air update. For us, ANC now means ‘Accept No Compromise’!”