ASUS are about to release 2 new notebook computers, the G60J and M60J, both of which are powered by the Intel Core i7 processor, and both with a 16-inch high definition display and Blu-ray drives.
ASUS G60J – one for the gamers
The G stands for gaming, and this notebook boasts the Intel Core i7 processor, as mentioned above, plus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M graphics card with 1GB VRAM, and Turbo Boost technology which super-charges CPU performance. Audio features include Altec Lansing speakers, EAX Advanced HD 4.0 which adds 64 sound effects to supported games, and CMSS-3D surround sound technology.
In addition to the 16 inch screen model, ASUS is also releasing this notebook in a 15.6 inch screen model, the G51J.
The ASUS G60J will be available in late October, for an RRP of $2,999.
- Processor: Intel Core i7-720QM Processor, 1.6GHz with turbo up to 2.8GHz
- Chipset: Mobile Intel PM55 Chipset
- Operating system: Windows 7 Professional
- Memory: DDR3 1066
- Display: 16-inch HD (1366×768) LED-backlit display (G60J); 15.6-inch FHD (1920×1200) LED-backlit display (G51J)
- Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M with 1GB DDR3 VRAM
- Hard drive: 2 x 500G HDD (7200rpm)
- Optical drive: Blu-ray Combo
- Videocamera: Built-in 2 megapixel pixel camera
- Dimensions: 375 x 265 x 34.3~40.6 mm
- Weight: 3.3 kg with 6-cell battery and single HDD
The multimedia machine, with special one-touch buttons to enable quick control of your multimedia content, and 1TB of storage space, so there’s a whole lot of room for a whole lot of entertainment.