Sonos Radio is for the select 10 million homes and 26 million Sonos speaker. It provides ad-supported access to 60,000+ global radio stations.
Sonos Radio (website here) offers its users the ability to stream music, news, sports, and original Sonos programming. This includes 60,000+ radio stations from around the world from long-time partners, including TuneIn, and more to come.
Also on Sonos Radio is original programming featuring music handpicked by DJs and artists with:
- Sonos Sound System. A signature ad-free station created and hosted by Sonos. it features new and well-known music, behind-the-scenes stories, and guest artist radio hours.
- Ad-Free Artist Stations Ad-free artist stations feature song selections from artists inspired by their influences and obsessions. In the Absence Thereof, from Thom Yorke, premiers at launch. His commentary on his station noted below. Brittany Howard of Alabama Shakes will be launching her station on April 28. David Byrne’s of Talking Heads will follow on May 12. Additional artist stations will debut regularly.
- Sonos Stations, offering 30+ stations of handpicked music based on genres most loved by Sonos customers.
Sonos Radio Sound System – from New York City
A new Sonos’ signature ad-free station, Sonos Sound System, is curated and hosted by the Sonos team. It is recorded in a newly built radio studio in Sonos’ flagship store in New York City.
Listeners will enjoy
- a stream of new, well-known
- rediscovered music
- behind-the-scenes stories
- guest artist radio hours from the likes of Angel Olsen, JPEGMAFIA, Phoebe Bridgers, Jeff Parker (Tortoise), Vagabon, and more.
- Artist-hosted radio hours. Every every Wednesday a 60-minute radio show with music, commentary about inspiring artists, releases, and the host’s latest work.
Sonos users only need to update their app and access masses of free and ad-supported content.
You can read GadgetGuy’s Sonos reviews here.