To prove the OPPO Find X2 Pro camera expertise, not to mention its IP68 and -40° temperature performance OPPO and award-winning Australian photographer and filmmaker Michaela Skovoranova went on a 10-day expedition to Antarctica.
The aim. Use a standard OPPO Find X2 Pro to create a film series to air on Aussie screens.
The extreme adventure, titled ‘Uncover Antarctica’, saw Skovranova capture the raw and true beauty of one of the greatest challenges known to man and technology – the white continent. It was all shot on the OPPO Find X2 Pro, setting a new benchmark in the world of smartphone film and photography.
The Find X2 proved its place. It thrived in the extreme climatic conditions, heavy winds and ice and snow. It unfailingly produced sharp and detailed footage, rivalling professional cameras.
The adventure of extremes saw Skovranova capture the unique beauty of the white continent in film and breathtaking photos. Using nothing but the OPPO Find X2 Pro in ice and snow, underwater, darkness and under strong wind conditions. It set a new film and photography benchmark. The 4K videos and photos are of outstanding quality.
Skovranova said of the OPPO Find X2 Pro
“The camera sensors allowed me to take photos that I never thought possible with a smartphone. It’s simply spellbinding when a humpback whale takes a deep breath and dives back into the water. And thanks to the always-ready smartphone, I didn’t miss a single moment.
The pictures were only possible with the OPPO co-developed 48MP Sony IMX689 sensor. The powerful image sensor has
- Dual native ISO technology
- All Pixel Omni-Directional PDAF
- 12-bit HDR, f/1.7 aperture
- 10X Hybrid Zoo/60X Digital zoom
- Dual optical image stabilization (OIS) and electronic image stabilization (EIS) – Ultra Steady Video 2.0
- Night Mode 2 – powerful low light shooting capabilities.
- All pictures taken used a stock standard OPPO Find X2 Pro
- Underwater pictures did not require an additional protective case
- No sample shots are retouched
The Uncover Antarctica film will play on National Geographic and Disney+ from 9 June to 18 August 2020. You can see more at OPPO here.
GadgetGuy’s full review is here.