The new Arlo Essential XL Spotlight camera features up to 12 months battery life and addresses the need to charge the Essential Spotlight as often. It is not here yet but expect it before Xmas.
The new Arlo Essential XL Spotlight camera builds on its new Essential value range. This includes a new Essential Video Doorbell Wire-free version (not here yet) and the recent Arlo Essential Spotlight 1080p (here now for $229) that has introduced a ‘value-focus’ customer to the Arlo range.
Its key USP is a larger battery for up to 12 months between charges. I don’t have to point out that that depends on the number of activations. It costs US$149.99 – $20 more than the Essential version.
It has the same basic specs as the Essential which scores 4.3/5 – not bad for a 1080p security camera. Like the other Essential line, it does not need a dedicated Arlo smart hub and can join to home Wi-Fi as well. All you need is the Arlo app.
Features of the Arlo Essential XL Spotlight Camera (US$149.99) include:
- Extended Battery Life: One year of battery life on one charge, perfect for high traffic locations or areas that are difficult to reach so you can charge less frequently
- Integrated Spotlight: Spotlight to illuminate the area of activity; spotlight can be motion-activated or manually turned on
- 2-Way Audio: Hear and speak to visitors
- Built-in Siren: Trigger it automatically or manually
- Colour Night Vision: See colour even at night thanks to an integrated spotlight
- Full High Definition Camera: Capture clear details in up to 1080p
- Weather-Resistant: Use it indoors or outdoors
- Motion Detection and Alerts: Alerts sent directly to your phone
- 130° Viewing Angle: Wider field-of-view
- Works with Alexa, Google and IFTTT
- Three month Arlo Smart subscription then defaults to the free plan
- US Website here (it may default to the AU website unless you use a VPN with a US end-point)
GadgetGuy supports Arlo for its quality products and also its unbeatable Privacy as a Pledge that no other security camera maker has tried to meet.