The new Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight camera fills a niche as a 2K HDR security camera. It has up to 3000 lumens (875 nits) to provide colour night vision as well as area floodlighting.
The Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight camera is battery operated. Or you can use the Arlo Ultra solar panel (review here) for trouble-free, wire-free 365 day use. It can also connect to 240V power if available.
Here are a few quick facts – we will be reviewing it shortly.
Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight camera
- 2560×1440 resolution (Arlo Pro 3 review here) with fall back to 1080 and 720
- Connects to an Arlo Ultra or Pro 3 base station (not mandatory – can use Wi-Fi and the app without a base station)
- 160° FOV
- 12X digital zoom and auto zoom and tracking
- 2000 lumens on battery only. 3000 lumens attached to 240V power source
- Configurable ambient light sensor and sensitivity
- 80dB speaker/siren and two-way audio
- Uses XL version of the Ultra/Pro 3 battery. Charge time 6.5 hours via charger or 5 hours with optional dual charger
- Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT
- Arlo Smart 3-month Trial Subscription Included
- Price $449 from leading retailers from June
- Website here
Brad Little, Vice President & Managing Director APAC said
“It is the first wire-free 2K floodlight camera on the market. It offers an even more comprehensive home security solution for consumers with increased illumination. Boasting a seamlessly integrated camera and floodlight design, the Pro 3 Floodlight Camera is an ideal all-in-one solution to keep a watchful eye on homes and small businesses alike.”