IFA Bytes 10 September – what is coming from IFA 2019,
- Jabra 75t wireless buds $299 from late October,
- Qualcomm goes all out on 5G,
- ECOVACS Deebot OZMO 950 cleans up an IFA Innovation award,
- Acer’s new lappys at IFA,
- Hisense at IFA 2019 – New Aussie Air Conditioning Range,
IFA Bytes 10 September
Jabra 75t wireless buds $299 from late October
- BT 5.0
- 7.5+ hours battery life, up to 28 hours with the charging case
- 4-microphones for crystal clear calls even in noisy and windy environments
- Fast charging with USB-C
- Reliable true wireless connectivity with no audio dropouts
- Music your way with the customisable equaliser in the Jabra Sound+ app
- IP55-rated durability and a 2-year warranty against dust and water
- One-touch access to Amazon Alexa, Siri and Google Assistant
- One-touch HearThrough
- Compatible with all Bluetooth phones and tablets
- The Jabra Sound+ companion app is compatible with iOS and Android devices
- Website here
Qualcomm goes all out on 5G
5G is the word, and every chip maker under the sun will offer 5G modem chips integrated with their System on a Chip. Qualcomm is used in most mass-market to flagship phones, so it has extended its 5G technology to other SoC categories.
Integrated 5G modems will be part of the Qualcomm SD8XX, 7XX and 6XX series in 2020. The SoCs support all 5G sub-6Ghz frequencies and mmWave where available.
Twelve leading global OEMs and brands including OPPO, realme, Redmi, Vivo, Motorola, Nokia, and LG Electronics, plan to use this new integrated Snapdragon 7 Series 5G mobile platform in their future mid-market 5G mobile devices.
ECOVACS Deebot OZMO 950 cleans up an IFA Innovation award
The new Deebot OZMO 950 (mop and vacuum) it has cleaned up IFA Product Technical Innovation Award – “Mapping Technology Innovation Gold Award”.
New Smart Navi 3.0 Laser Mapping and Navigation Technology and OZMO Mopping Technology navigates obstacles and clean hard-to-reach areas.
Smart Navi 3.0 Laser Mapping and Navigation Technology scans, maps and plans an efficient cleaning path. It features Multi-floor Mapping technology to scan and store multiple maps of a house’s different levels.
The DEEBOT OZMO 950 give users a premium cleaning experience, made possible by a revolutionary pressure-retention system, Floating Brush 2.0, and superior suction power. The pressure-retention system boosts energy efficiency while ensuring high vacuum pressure at a surprisingly low noise level. ECOVACS’ latest Floating Brush 2.0 design enables the robots to sweep up to 4mm deep cracks. It also has a Max+ Mode to increase suction power to tackle stubborn dirt.
With the ECOVACS Home App t is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home. The app allows users to easily create virtual boundaries, for vacuuming and/or mopping.
Acer’s new lappys at IFA
- Predator Triton 300 – Late Q4; from 1,999
- Predator 500 with 15.6” 300Hz display
- The Predator Thronos Air Gaming Chair – Acer’s Newest Gaming Cave
- Acer Swift 5 – Early October from 1,499 RRP (i5), to $1,999 RRP (i7)
- ConceptD 9 Pro – Available from November (online only); from $8,999
- ConceptD 7 Pro – Available from November (online only); from $4,999 RRP
- ConceptD 3, ConceptD 3 Pro, ConceptD 5, ConceptD 5 Pro TBA
- Chromebook 311, Chromebook Spin 311, Chromebook 314. Chromebook 315 TBA
Full details here
Hisense – New Aussie Air Conditioning Range
Hisense is bringing six models developed by its local R&D team in response to Australia’s unique climate – they will operate at up to 50°.
This is the third new category it has launched in the Australian market in 2019 showing this challenger brand is happy to take on the likes of Samsung, Sony and LG – as well as defend its turf from another Chinese company TCL that shares similar aspirations. It is like Churchill’s, “We will fight them on the beaches…”
Initially, the eco-friendly, 5-year warranty, range starting from $799 will be available from Good Guys from November.