With most consumer microwaves around 30L, the LG NeoChef 56L is a giant of a microwave. Perfect for big families.
What more it is not that expensive – at $539 (shop around) you get a 1200W Smart Inverter that cooks 33% faster than a typical 1000W.
It has an Anti-Bacterial EasyClean coating claiming to eliminate 99.99% of harmful bacteria – that is if the microwaves don’t zap them first.
It has also addresses the age-old issue of lack of light to see the cooking cavity – its now 3x brighter than its other microwaves.
Base specs – LG NeoChef 56L Smart Inverter model MS5696OMBS
- Website here
- 607 (w) x 490 (d) X 347 (D) mm x 14.8kg
- Matte Black
- Turntable size 406mm
- Power levels: 10 (1200W, 1080W, 960W, 840W, 720W, 600W, 480W, 360W, 240W, 120W)
- Reheat modes: 8 (Beverage, Casserole, Dinner Plate, Muffin, Pie, Pizza, Rice, Soup)
- Melt modes: 3 (Butter, Cheese, Chocolate)
- Sensor cook: 8 (Bacon, Casserole, Fresh, Vegetables, Frozen Meat Pie, Frozen Vegetables, Jacket Potatoes, Rice/Pasta, Risotto)
- Inverter defrost: 4 (Meat, Poultry, Fish, Bread)
- Soften: 3 (Butter, Cream Cheese, Ice Cream)
- Keep warm
- Warranty: two years part and labour and eight years on Magnetron
Recipes to share
LG has shared a variety of microwave recipes that Australians can try at home here.
These include microwave only classics like butter chicken, cheesy French onion soup, Ricotta Mug Cake and more.
Brad Reed, Senior Marketing Manager, Home Appliances, LG Electronics Australia said
There truly has never been a more important time to make the kitchen the heart of your home. We believe the NeoChef 56L Smart Inverter microwave will help to encourage Australians to experience a range of microwave recipes at home.
GadgetGuy’s take – LG NeoChef 56L – bigger is better
It is not just the capacity but the 1200W that makes this a great. Its the LG efficient smart inverter and all the tech that makes this a compelling device.
If you don’t have the kitchen space, LG has a 42L 1200W NeoChef oven in black, stainless and white finishes.
You can read other Microwave news and review here