Sennheiser is showcasing two of its unique technologies. Sennheiser IFA 2018 announcements include MOMENTUM class True Wireless Bluetooth earbuds and its innovative AMBEO spatial sonic soundbar.
The venerable audio company has never
This time it’s about MOMENTUM class ‘true wireless’ and how to produce uncompromising sound using Bluetooth.
Sennheiser calls it wearable audio without equal and to a degree, the price – A$499.95 – reflects that. It had to wait until Bluetooth 5.0 and apt-X, apt-X LL (low latency), AAC and SBC codecs to deliver top sound.
Apt-X LL reduces delay and bit-errors. It is vital to synchronising audio and video in high-speed gaming and multimedia use.
Sennheiser first used this in its CX 6.00BT Bluetooth buds (Review here), and we concur that apt-X LL does its job. Apple users will rejoice at it has a native AAC codec, and for the rest, there is the SBC codec.
Specs: The website is here.
- Left and Right buds (touch control, sweat and splash resistant)
- Charger case
- Sets of silicon ear adapters (S/M/L)
- USB-C charging cable
- Dual MEMS (Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems ) mics, beamforming, noise cancelling, transparent hearing
- Dual 7mm drivers with frequency response 17Hz to 21,000kHz
- Maximum SPL (volume): 118dB
- THD: <0.5%
- Battery life: four hours per charge – 12-hour charge case capacity
- Sennheiser CapTune MOMENTUM app (iOS and Android) for battery monitoring and EQ
Sennheiser’s AMBEO 3D audio technology starts with recording sound as you would hear it. Its binaural recording captures sounds as you would hear them. GadgetGuy is currently reviewing the AMBEO smart headset that enables recording.
But Sennheiser wanted to go a step further. It has launched the AMEBO soundbar that takes 3D sound and reproduces it in a 5.1.4 single all-in-one device and without the need for an additional subwoofer.